What to Expect
Worship at Immanuel is representative of the worship of the whole Christian church from Jesus until the modern day. This means that the majority of the music and worship practices are taken from the whole of Christianity, not just the last 30 years.
- Services are approximately 1 hour long, give or take. Services include chanting, readings, a sermon explaining the Biblical readings, and Communion every Sunday, when applicable.
- Our music is diverse and well prepared! Expect to hear everything from chanting to hymns and texts written less than 5 years ago. Our church musician is well trained and you will hear only the best.
- People dress in all kinds of different ways, from casual to formal. Know that if you come, you will not feel out of place.
- We have a unstaffed nursery if your children become unmanageable during the service. Don't feel bad about having your children in church! They need to hear the Gospel, too. Our members have all heard crying babies before and can handle it if they become loud.
- Can I take communion? The Sacrament of the Altar is only given to members of Immanuel and those who are in agreement with the whole doctrine of the LC-MS. If you have any questions, please speak to our pastor before the service.
- There are many ways to become involved at Immanuel. Music, choirs, Sunday School, serving on boards and committees, there's always something going on and we would love to have you be a part of it!
- Parking is available in the lot on the other side of Pearl St. from the church as well as a few spots to the East of the church building. 2-3 handicapped spots are also available behind the church. Turn left on Grand St. and pull behind the church building. An elevator is available just inside the double doors to take you up to the sanctuary level.